Job Opening: Technician & Installer – Broadcast, Audiovisual, Information Technology & Computers
Location: Lake Forest, CA, USA
Job Description (Read Thoroughly):
At VidOvation we are 100% passionate about solving problems and making our customers happy! We are all about providing a delightful and consultative experience to our prospective customers. The solutions we are providing help our customers grow their businesses by building a more human connection with their employees, fans, and customers.
VidOvation’s client base includes broadcast and cable television, sports, production, pro-AV, corporate, security, government, and teleconferencing. We are a fast-growing company with expanding markets worldwide. There is room for growth and career advancement within VidOvation. If you are looking to help grow a fast expanding and talented team, in one of the most exciting industries, VidOvation may the place for you.
VidOvation is seeking an experienced Broadcast, Audiovisual, Information Technology and Computer Technician & Installer to setup, install, configure, support and maintain video transmission and distribution systems. An immediate opening for a technician with 2+ years’ experience is available.
The primary objective of this role is to configure, setup, install, test and support the VidOvation family of hardware and software products. Skills in Broadcast, Audiovisual, Information Technology, Computers and Networking are required for this position. Responsibilities include the installation, setup, testing, and support of video and audio communications systems including IPTV, video over IP, bonded cellular, wireless and fiber optics. Some travel will be required for technical support and installations.
The type of business we are building
We work hard to ensure VidOvation is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We also care deeply about upholding and staying true to our company values – Moving Video Forward with excellence in problem-solving, amazing service and support, passion and determination, team and family spirit, economy, creativity, open communications, and honesty.
We know the biggest investment we can make is to our employees, so we provide
- A salary of $35K to $65K depending on the potential impact to the business.
- Vacation of 2 weeks and 3 weeks for the first, and second years, respectively.
- A 401K retirement plan with employer matching of up to 4% of compensation. Eligible after one year of employment.
- Access to medical benefits with partial company subsidy.
Please ask Human Resources for full details.
VidOvation Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
We are MOST interested in YOU if
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong IT and Networking Skills
- Experience as a hands-on technician or installer
- Support all Tier 1 cases
- On-site visits to customers in the USA when needed
- Position may require up to 25% travel per month
- Technical degree or higher as a Computer Technician, Networking Administrator, Software Technician or an Audiovisual Technician
- Experience in Professional Audiovisual & Broadcast
- Experience in Online streaming (CDN)
- Experience in telecommunication
- Experience in dynamic, fast-paced, hi-tech environment
- At least 1-2 years of experience in technical support Tier 1-2
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience in the Audiovisual, Broadcast, IT or Telecom
- Cognitive and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and excellent team worker
- Service oriented approach
- Practical thinking
- Process monitoring and Control
- Organization and order, tying up loose ends
- System Perspective
- Availability to be on call during off hours or to work in shifts during off-hours.
- Ability to always respond positively when under pressure, multitask and deal with conflicts