What is In-house, Enterprise IPTV or VidOvation TV?
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a head-end system through which television and digital signage services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switchedenterprise network, instead of being delivered through traditional RF coax. IPTV is very cost-effective, flexible, and highly interactive. Services may be classified into one of the four groups below.
- Live television from DirecTV, Dish Network, cable, Over-The-Air TV, internal live feeds, studio feeds, and more.
- Time-shifted television, DVR, or Personal Video Recorder (PVR) is where the user can catch-up on TV, replays a TV show, replay a missed play in sports anywhere from seconds, hours, or days ago. The user can use start-over TV to watch a live show from the beginning.
- Video on demand (VOD): browse a catalog of videos from your internal library of content and subscription options for premium Hollywood movies.
- Digital Signage fully integrated with the VidOvation IPTV system or the integration of virtually any third-party digital signage or media player.
All video and television signals stream over the enterprise network to Desktop PCs and MACs, Smartphones, Tablets, Smart TVs, Set-top boxes, TVs, Displays and more.
17 Costly Mistakes to Avoid when Building an IPTV & Digital Signage Headend
- No support for distribution to a desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet
- Getting stuck with one content provider (CATV/SAT) or without open architecture
- No support for Digital Rights Management or DRM
- Non-Friendly User Interface
- Not allowing integration of your own VOD content with your providers
- Not allowing for Your Own Live Video Distribution
- Limited or No Video Conferencing Functions
- Lacking Scalability, Security, and Flexibility
- No Support for Digital Signage and Advertising
- Plus 8 more Mistakes to Avoid
Download our IPTV Webinars
VidOvation TV provides an Enterprise IPTV and Digital Signage Systems that delivers a flexible and scalable distribution of live television, video on demand and digital signage over your enterprise, corporate, or facility network. We are capable of streaming to computer desktops, smartphones, tablets, displays, Smart TVs, and set-top boxes.
VidOvation TV is a turnkey flexible and scalable Enterprise IPTV solution that empowers organizations to incorporate live TV programs, live internal video broadcast, video-on-demand, digital signage, advertising, emergency alerts to increase the efficiency of training, communications and safety. VidOvation TV delivers digital television programming to employee’s PC’s, TV’s, Smartphones and Tablets, allows scheduled recording via program guide on PC’s, and provides such recorded content for on-demand time-shift viewing.
The system supports Live TV content from DirecTV, Dish Networks, Satellite, Cable and more. VidOvation TV allows businesses or facilities to have their internal TV channels to communicate, train and guide employees, including appropriate instructions during critical emergency situations. We ensure powerful and easy-to-use functions, high-quality video, reliable and well-managed operations, and unparalleled scalability and extensibility.
The VidOvation Enterprise IPTV system fully integrates with the DirecTV COM2000 Satellite for Enterprise, the Dish Network SmartBox, Cable Television and more.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Providers supported by VidOvation TV – DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox Cable, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, Cablevision, Charter Communications, Metrocast, US Cable, CenturyLink, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS and just about anyone else.
- Supports Live TV content from DirecTV, Dish Networks, Cable and more.
- MPEG-1, 2, 4 H.264, High Definition (HD)
- Over existing IP networks
- Full feature Multicast & Video-On-Demand (Video-on-Demand, Music-on-Demand, Games-on-Demand, and more..)
- Industry standard network, streaming protocols, including RTSP, RTP & UDP
- IPTV with Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Network PVR (nPVR) and Time Shift TV (TSTV)
- TV, PC, Smartphone and Tablet clients
- Friendly and customizable user interface for PC and set-top box (GUI)
- TV Internet
- Integrated Security and Conditional Access Controls
- Broadcast Scheduling for live and recorded video files
- Integrated archiving and publishing of recorded broadcast media assets
- Centralized (local & remote) management of the System and Media-Assets
- Corporate communications & training
- IPTV for campus and dorms
- Distance learning
- Healthcare Education
- Business TV
- Community & Residential TV
- Digital library
- Government & Military Operations
- Digital signage
Solution Structure – Head End
- VidOvation TV servers:
- VidOvationTV application middleware with access control
- Video-on-demand server
- Multicast server with scheduling
- Content management and digital rights protection (DRM Server)
- Billing interface module
- Remote System management
- IPTV servers: (Optional)
- Digital turnarounds and/or video encoders
- VidOvationTV IPTV application middleware
- NPVR (Network PVR) and/or Time-Shifted TV (TSTV) servers
- Client PC and IP Set-Top-Box (STB) with TV-integrated infrared remote control
- Apple and Android Smartphone and Tablet support
- Remote client access from outside the network
- IP over Cat-5/6, fiber optics
- xDSL over phone lines
- IP over coax
- Quality and Familiar Interface
- Interactive Program Guide
- Personalized Recording Capabilities
- Ability to Pause and Rewind Live TV
- CSS GUI Custom Design
- Modular flexibility
- Selective User Upgrades Without Changing STB
- nPVR for User-Initiated Recording
- TSTV for Administrator-Initiated Channel Recording
- Ability to Scale System Up or Down
- No need for coax
- No need for expensive and complicated STB hard drives
- Cost Efficient
- Energy Efficient
- Environmentally Friendly
IPTV Encoders & Set Top Box Options
The DirecTV COM3000 system has been designed specifically for hotels and enterprise installations where there is a need for a singlewire solution for multiple rooms. The COM3000 system offers up to 138 tuners in a scalable system that takes up a small space in an equipment rack. It creates a head-end system where every TV can be tuned to its own channel without interfering with other TVs. The DirecTV COM3000 fully integrates with the VidOvation Enterprise IPTV System for the distribution of Live TV & Video-on-demand across your enterprise network to the Desktop, TVs, Smart TVs, Set-top Boxes, Mobile Devices, Tablets and more.
- 20 Encoder Channels in 2 RU
- SD and HD MPEG-4 H.264
- Unicast and Multicast
- Open Architecture using openGear platform
- 6 Encoder Channels in 1 RU
- SD and HD MPEG-4 H.264
- Unicast and Multicast
- Easy update of content via remote download – no more CDs to track and ship
- Remote management of the system – fewer on-site service calls
- Ability to integrate with other guest services – telephony, Internet, billing, information.
VidOvation SuiteTV for In-room Hospitality, Hotels & Lodging
Delivers High Definition entertainment and guest-centric hotel service portals
VidOvation SuiteTV is a turnkey Hospitality IPTV solution that empowers hoteliers to deliver High Definition TV programming, barker channels, and VOD services to their guests. SuiteTV also enables hoteliers to establish customized, attractive high-resolution hotel service portals to effectively interact with their guests to service all their needs while increasing the hotel’s revenue and branding.
SuiteTV delivers digital TV programming with an Interactive Program Guide (IPG), and enables Time-Shift TV (TSTV) channels and Network Personal Video Recording (nPVR) to increase personalized time-shift viewing flexibility. SuiteTV allows guests to watch VOD from a broad selection of first-run Hollywood movies, independent films and alternative content at their convenience. Guests can enjoy live TV and VOD content from their in-room TV or from their mobile device anywhere on the property.
SuiteTV represents the easiest, fastest leap forward in delivering compelling services that generate new revenues and increase occupancy rates while simultaneously reducing operational expenses.
SuiteTV interfaces with hotel Property Management systems (PMS) and guest relations management systems to interactively provide personalized information and services to guests. SuiteTV has integrated Digital Signage and mobile device support to assist hoteliers to effectively communicate with their guests. Guests can now view their personal device media content on the in-room TV via utilizing casting features and OTT applications. In addition to increasing guest loyalty, hoteliers can directly deliver targeted marketing, ads, and promotions.
SuiteTV works seamlessly with the industry-leading InfoValue IPTV platform to ensure 24×7 reliability, comprehensive manageability, and unlimited scalability and extensibility for future expansions.
- Hotel Service Portal
- Guest Communications
- TV Channels
- VOD / OTT
- Operation Interfaces
- System Management
- SmartTV / Mobile Devices
- SmartTV / Mobile Devices
SuiteTV Feature Highlights
Hotel Service Portal
- Hotel Branding and Content
- Multimedia User Interface
- Multiple Language Support
- Folio Review and Express Checkout
- Digital Art and Music Moods
- News, Weather and Flight Info
- Guest Messaging
- TV Promotions / Ticker Overlay
- Barker Channels
- Guest Photos
- Spa and Tour Reservations
- Emergency Channel Tuning
- IP-based TV Programming
- Support of Non-IP TV Channels
- Interactive Program Guide (IPG)
- Time-Shift TV and nPVR
- Mobile device TV
- Trick Play and Bookmark
- Parental Control
- Movie Packages (Day Pass)
- PMS, POS, CRM and more
- Remote and TV Controls
- Digital Signage
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Mobile Devices
- Integrated In-Room Controls
- Automatic Monitoring and Reporting
- Fault-Tolerant and Scalable Operations
- Housekeeping Support
- Guest Usage Analytics