VidOvation TV provides an Enterprise IPTV and Digital Signage Systems that delivers a flexible and scalable distribution of live television, video on demand and digital signage over your enterprise, corporate, or facility network. We are capable of streaming to computer desktops, smartphones, tablets, displays, Smart TVs, and set-top boxes.
VidOvation TV is a turnkey flexible and scalable Enterprise IPTV solution that empowers organizations to incorporate live TV programs, live internal video broadcast, video-on-demand, digital signage, advertising, emergency alerts to increase the efficiency of training, communications and safety. VidOvation TV delivers digital television programming to employee’s PC’s, TV’s, Smartphones and Tablets, allows scheduled recording via program guide on PC’s, and provides such recorded content for on-demand time-shift viewing.
17 Costly Mistakes to Avoid when Building an IPTV Headend
Download the Guide below to learn more.
- No support for distribution to a desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet
- Getting stuck with one content provider (CATV/SAT) or without open architecture
- No support for Digital Rights Management or DRM
- Non-Friendly User Interface
- Not allowing integration of your own VOD content with your providers
- Not allowing for Your Own Live Video Distribution
- Limited or No Video Conferencing Functions
- Lacking Scalability, Security, and Flexibility
- No Support for Digital Signage and Advertising
- Plus 8 more Mistakes to Avoid
The system supports Live TV content from DirecTV, Dish Networks, Satellite, Cable and more. VidOvation TV allows businesses or facilities to have their internal TV channels to communicate, train and guide employees, including appropriate instructions during critical emergency situations. We ensure powerful and easy-to-use functions, high-quality video, reliable and well-managed operations, and unparalleled scalability and extensibility.
The VidOvation Enterprise IPTV system fully integrates with the DirecTV COM2000 Satellite for Enterprise, the Dish Network SmartBox, Cable Television and more.
What is IPTV & Video Networking?
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a head end system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched enterprise network, instead of being delivered through traditional RF coax. IPTV is very cost-effective, flexible, and highly interactive. Services may be classified into the three of following groups.
- Live television, with or without interactivity related to the current TV show
- Time-shifted television or DVR: catch-up TV (replays a TV show from hours or days ago), start-over TV
- Video on demand (VOD): browse a catalog of videos, not related to TV programming
- Stream Live to Desktop PC, Smartphone, Tablet, Smart TV, Set-top boxes, TVs and Displays
Providers supported by VidOvation TV – DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox Cable, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, Cablevision, Charter Communications, Metrocast, US Cable, CenturyLink, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS and just about anyone else.
- Supports Live TV content from DirecTV, Dish Networks, Cable and more.
- MPEG-1, 2, 4 H.264, High Definition (HD)
- Over existing IP networks
- Full feature Multicast & Video-On-Demand (Video-on-Demand, Music-on-Demand, Games-on-Demand, and more..)
- Industry standard network, streaming protocols, including RTSP, RTP & UDP
- IPTV with Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Network PVR (nPVR) and Time Shift TV (TSTV)
- TV, PC, Smartphone and Tablet clients
- Friendly and customizable user interface for PC and set-top box (GUI)
- TV Internet
- Integrated Security and Conditional Access Controls
- Broadcast Scheduling for live and recorded video files
- Integrated archiving and publishing of recorded broadcast media assets
- Centralized (local & remote) management of the System and Media-Assets
- Corporate communications & training
- IPTV for campus and dorms
- Distance learning
- Healthcare Education
- Business TV
- Community & Residential TV
- Digital library
- Government & Military Operations
- Digital signage
Solution Structure – Head End
- VidOvation TV servers:
- VidOvationTV application middleware with access control
- Video-on-demand server
- Multicast server with scheduling
- Content management and digital rights protection (DRM Server)
- Billing interface module
- Remote System management
- IPTV servers: (Optional)
- Digital turnarounds and/or video encoders
- VidOvationTV IPTV application middleware
- NPVR (Network PVR) and/or Time-Shifted TV (TSTV) servers
- Client PC and IP Set-Top-Box (STB) with TV-integrated infrared remote control
- Apple and Android Smartphone and Tablet support
- Remote client access from outside the network
- IP over Cat-5/6, fiber optics
- xDSL over phone lines
- IP over coax
- Quality and Familiar Interface
- Interactive Program Guide
- Personalized Recording Capabilities
- Ability to Pause and Rewind Live TV
- CSS GUI Custom Design
- Modular flexibility
- Selective User Upgrades Without Changing STB
- nPVR for User-Initiated Recording
- TSTV for Administrator-Initiated Channel Recording
- Ability to Scale System Up or Down
- No need for coax
- No need for expensive and complicated STB hard drives
- Cost Efficient
- Energy Efficient
- Environmentally Friendly
IPTV Encoders & Set Top Box Options
The DirecTV COM2000 system has been designed specifically for hotels and enterprise installations where there is a need for a single wire solution for multiple rooms. The COM2000 system offers up to 48 tuners in a scalable system that takes up a small space in an equipment rack. It creates a head-end system where every TV can be tuned to its own channel without interfering with other TVs. The DirecTV COM2000 fully integrates with the VidOvation Enterprise IPTV System for the distribution of Live TV & Video-on-demand across your enterprise network to the Desktop, TVs, Smart TVs, Set-top Boxes, Mobile Devices, Tablets and more.
- 20 Encoder Channels in 2 RU
- SD and HD MPEG-4 H.264
- Unicast and Multicast
- Open Architecture using openGear platform
- 6 Encoder Channels in 1 RU
- SD and HD MPEG-4 H.264
- Unicast and Multicast
- Easy update of content via remote download – no more CDs to track and ship
- Remote management of the system – fewer on-site service calls
- Ability to integrate with other guest services – telephony, Internet, billing, information.